Updated: 7 days ago
As this year's insane wedding season winds down, I'm getting back into writing mode! With so much going on, it's been a challenge to focus on writing. So I decided my priority with extra time was to meditate, which is always a necessity. That, and spend time with my little guy who is growing like a weed. And after having a garden this year, that statement couldn't be any more accurate. By the end of the season, the weeds entirely had taken over and defeated me!
I've compiled a list of lessons, tips, and a couple of fun facts to ease myself back in. You might find them useful or useless. Regardless, I hope they have a positive impact. I've also done you a favor and broke them into two different posts to consider your attention span. Enjoy!
1. Take care of yourself first. You can't take care of others if you're not 100% yourself.
2. Meditation and grounding are the two simplest and most challenging things to positively impact and heal your life. You can start with some help from my mentor Pat Longo and her guided meditations if you need help.
3. This too shall pass. Nothing lasts for too long, so don't beat yourself up over failures, take time to embrace them and learn from them.
4. Remember, when you think people are talking about you, they are too selfish to think or talk about anyone but themselves. But if you make the news, you will soon be forgotten. People are always after the next best or worst story.
5. Knowledge is power. You can't read enough. And you can most certainly be self-taught. Which is why I am always listening to books through audible!
6. Always trust your gut. Nothing is more accurate than your gut instinct.
7. Always get a second opinion after seeing any kind of professional. We're all humans, and we're not always right.
8. You can't love your children enough. Of course, that goes for the fur babes too.
9. We each carry the pains and traumas from previous generations until someone heals and breaks the cycle. A resource I use is You Can Heal Your Body By Louise Hay I love having this one on kindle so I can access it anytime on my phone.
10. Your circumstances or where you come from does not define who you are or where you're going.
11. The power to heal yourself is within yourself. Read You Can Heal Your Life By Louise Hay.
12. When someone shows you their true colors, believe them, don't give them the benefit of the doubt.
13. Stop thinking with your head. Follow your heart.
14. No one else knows what is best for you. After you turn 18, that is. Until then, listen to your parents.
15. When someone criticizes you, tries to make you feel less than, or tries to hold you back, they are scared of doing those very things, and it's a projection… don't let them hold you back.
16. If you want something done right, do it yourself.
17. Always make time for yourself.
18. Set goals.
19. You'll follow through on the goals that matter.
20. Take every opportunity you can.
21. You are always worthy.
22. If you don't know something, you can learn it.
23. Honesty is always the best policy… to yourself and others.
24. Karma is a bitch.
25. If someone tells you you're crazy, you might be, but there is always someone crazier than you out there.
26. Take care of your body. It's the only one you have.
27. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON.
28. Balance is the key to a fruitful life.
29. The only way you can't do something is if you tell yourself you can't.
30. It's never too late. Stop making excuses.
31. There are always consequences to the choices you make.
32. You never have to do anything. Refer back to 31.
33. Holding grudges will only hurt you. The offender will never think twice about it.
34. Always be prepared.
35. Someone else's lack of planning is never your emergency.
36. Change is inevitable. Growth is not. You are responsible for your own development in life.
37. No one but you has to take care of you.
38. Get over it. Move on. Refer back to 33.
39. If it's meant to be, it'll be. Stop forcing things if they don't seem to work organically.
40. Know where your food comes from. Eat primarily from the perimeter of the grocery store.
41. Start taking care of your skin before age 20.
42. Cardio and meditation reduce anxiety and keep you from losing your shit mentally.
43. Money matters. Have several streams of income and savings. Which is why I have affiliate links!
44. Everything is energy.
45. Sleep is the most crucial health regime you should have.
46. Conflict builds character. Learn to grow.
47. You actually pick your family… and they'll pick your nose if you let them. Let me elaborate; Many believe there is no possible way to pick your family, but I believe different. Energetically speaking, you choose the family you're born into to learn lessons for your soul's growth. If you don't learn anything, you'll experience the same encounters in your next life. Just watch Groundhog Day.
48. Toddlers are actually baby ninjas in disguise. When they sleep, you get hit with every limb, when you change their diaper, you have to tie them down, they end up in places that leave you amazed and disappear magically! So hand them numb-chucks at your own discretion.
49. You make your own peace.
Stay tuned for Part 2 coming soon!